Wednesday 10 May 2017

New experience: live online class!!

Hello everyone!!
The end of the process of my Open Educational Project is here. Today I want to share with you an amazing experience. Thanks to the Master´s degree I am currently studying and to my teacher M. Jesús García San Martín and Dr. Nellie Deutsch, I have had the opportinuty to participate in an online class at Moodle MOOC 10 (MM10), and to explain my Open Educational Project to many teachers from all around the world.
There were people from Italy, New York, India, Autralia, Canada, France, etc. We only had 5 minutes to talk about our experience and the Educational Project we created, because we were 26 people presenting and that would take a long time. In fact, we spent 2 hours and 18 minutes listening to our classmates and learning many things about education, many innovative ways to carry out any lesson plan, fresh ideas and motivating methodologies to take into account in our future clases, etc.

First of all, I prepared a transcription of what I wanted to say and from that, I created an schema for everybody to see it during the conference. Here you can see my transcription through Slide Share.



Then, we shared a Google document for all of us to create one slide for presenting. Here you can see the slides from all my classmates that also presented their Open Educational Projects, all of them very interesting.



Furthermore, I want to share with you the whole conference.


As you can see in the video, we had to comment and spread our classmates´ blog for the rest of the people to know the topic better. Finally, we were combining our twitter hashtags: #moodlemooc10 and #ictclil_urjc, with the online conference, which was a little bit difficult for me because I had never done this and to be focused on two things at the same time is a little bit complicated (not only for men, hehe).

Regarding my experience on MM10, I have to say that we had to rehearse in WizIQ in order to prove the audio and video settings, for having everything prepared for the actual day of the conference. I was too nervous since I had never taken part of something like this.
I have learnt a lot of things thanks to this live conference, such as how important is for teachers to share our knowldege in order to learn from each other and an online class is an incredible way to share it. We are always learning, and learning from others´ experiences is greatful and gratifying. Another outstanding fact that called my attention was how we can connect to people from all around world. It is such an amazing experience!! There are many other systems and methods used in other countries or different cultures and it is very interesting knowing them because maybe we can adapt it to our classes, country or even to our culture.

As far as my ICT course is concerned, I have learnt many interesting things. Moreover, it has opened my eyes regarding digital skills since I was not convinced at all of using digital tools inside our classroom and either I did not know how to introduce them. However, after carrying out the whole process of creating an Open Educational Project has helped me a lot in believing education through a different perspective, from the digital side.  
These almost 4 months have been hard and intense but for me very rewarding, since I have imrpoved in the use of digital tools and I have carried out an active learning process, in which I have developed challenges that I never imagined to carry out. Moreover, I have discovered that many other teachers form virtual communities in which you can collaborate with. Besides, I have learnt a lot from my classmates´ projects and what is more, I have also improved my writing skills in English!!

All in all, it has been a wonderful trip through the ICT world and I hope I can put all these into practice soon. I encourage you to collaborate and share your knowledge with the rest of the world and if you have the chance to be part of an online conference, do not miss that oportunity!!

See you soon in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment