Wednesday 5 April 2017

Searching partners

Hello everybody!!! As I told you last day, my new challenge consists of being part of other collaborative projects from the net and I was looking for some of them, such as: InfoEduGrafías, The Twima project, Maderas que son violines, The other kids EDU, The ESL Times, Tertulias con sabor a chocolate, Piratas y Libélulas, No me cuentes historias, ¡dibújamelas!. All of them very interesting, but as I wanted to fit my educational project on it, I decided to join The 30 goals Challenge, which was founded by Shelly Sánchez Terrell @ShellTerrell.

Collected from The 30 Goals Challenge


I decided to be part of this community since they encourage a movement to transform the way of teaching, in which ICT and innovative methods are very important. They also think sharing knowledge and receiving feedback from students is necessary. Another important aspect in this community is learning through challenges, and I think my project invloves it.
Moreover, my educational project fits perfectly into this community since students will learn through different missions involving ICT methods, through which children will develop digital skills. Furthermore, teachers can accomplish and fulfill their objectives, as 21st century teachers, using an innovative methodology for the teaching process.
I would like to focus, particularly on "blog and reflect" section because students, during my educational project will have to share, post and reflect on the classroom blog what they have learnt. Finally, taking into account and concerning every idea, they will have to create a presentation.
I want to share with the rest of teachers my open educational project, in order to improve my teaching, to provide other ideas to the rest and to share experiences regarding blogging in the classroom.

Collected from 30 Goals Challenge

Having said that, in order to be part of this community, I have created an elevator pitch, which is an interesting tool and enterprise technique to find financial support for a project in a short time, 20 seconds approximately. I used this tool for an educational purpose, explaining the benefits, contributions and reasons why I want to be part of an educative community. 
Here you can see more information about what an elevator pitch is.




How can we do an elevator pitch?
First of all, you have to bear in mind what you want to get with it. After that, I recommend you to make a draft, because it is not easy to say everything in just 20 seconds. That´s why I recommend you to write the main ideas you want to express, and then, to explain them in a very clear way. You can follow this 4 easy steps in order to be clear and concise in your 20- second elevator pitch.
  1. Hook. Getting your audience´s attention and interest about what you are going to tell them.
  2. Problem. Showing your concerns, and the importance of working on that topic.
  3. Solution. How you are going to face that problem, explaining your approach to the situation.
  4. Close. Saying what the achievement of that goal will mean for you.
Then, after having this 4 main ideas, you just have to record yourself! Besides recording myself, I uploaded the video to YouTube in order to spread it on Twitter, mentioning the twitter handles of the running collaborative projects I would like to join. By this way, they will see my request and they will know more about me.


Self- reflection 
As in every post I want to reflect what I have learnt with this new challenge.

First of all, I have to say that I am very excited for belonging to the 30 goals communitiy. It has been a little bit complicated to look for a blog that best suits with my educational project, as I liked many of them and I wanted to be part of more than one. But finally, I have just decided to be part of just one, at the beginning.

Regarding the elevator pitch, which has been the main fact for this challenge, it was a little bit difficult to summarize the principal ideas of the whole project. However, following the 4 steps I told you before, it was not that difficult. I bore in mind the main idea I wanted to tell getting the audience´s attention and for that, I created a draft with Google Drive. Taking this into account, I could record myself easily.
After recording myself, I edited the video with Wondershare Filmora adding music and a final "contact me" slide, in order to provide my information to the community I want to belong to.

From my point of view, drafting was difficult, because I had never done something similar. Carrying out this draft, is very interesting in order to realize how important 20 seconds are, because we usually think that in less than a minute we do not have time to do anything.
Moreover, I think it is not only a tool, for us as adults, but also for our students in the classroom. Children can improve their oral skills by creating an elevator pitch. Besides, it is a fun way of getting children involve on summarizing topics and practicing speaking inside the classroom.

As far as my personal experience is concerned, I have to say that it has been a very greatful challenge because I have learnt how to summarize and tell the key ideas for catching people´s attention, and it is very useful not only for an eduactional purpose but for everything in life.
Before carrying out this motivating challenge, I did not even realize how many collaborative projects from people around the world are settled on the internet. I have also learnt that if you want to be part of something on the internet, just try it! Through social networks you can make it possible.
This challenge is also going to make me grow as a person because I will be able to see other experiences, to talk with other professional people, to share experiences with people not only from our surrounding environment but also people form all around the world!

I´m looking forward having this enriching experience and coming back with lots of things to tell you!!!

See you soon with my next post !!

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura !

    Your elevator pitch is great ! I really like the way you hook the audience, since you present problems of our environment that we need to face, to protect it. Besides that, I love the idea of students reflecting on the classroom's blog, since their learning will be interiorized. Moreover, with your post I have learnt about a new tool, the Wondershare Filmora, to edit videos - I love the background music, by the by.

    In addition,I appreciate the fact that you introduced the necessary steps to carry out an elevator pitch, so that others can learn to do it.

    Finally, I would like to say that I completely see eye to eye on your opinion about participating in collaborative projects as an enriching experience; and also, the importance of just trying to participate in diverse online projects, so as to know new things and mature. I found your personal reflection crystal clear and inspiring.

    All in all, fantastic job !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job, Laura! I like the project that you chose and also the goal, because it is vital to make children think about their own learning. Besides, doing that through a blog has many advantages such as parents can see it and participate in the learning process.

    You explained clearly your project in your elevator pitch and you defined what an elevator pitch is, which I find quite necessary because some people do not know it (such as me last week).

    Good reflection also. I am glad you are happy joining to the 30 goals community. I would like to do it also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Laura!!

    Very nice entry! I have enjoyed your video because in only 25 seconds you explain the mains reasons for joining 30 goals challenge. Moreover, I want to add that it is very nice that you include the steps for recording an elevator pitch. I'm sure it will help other people!

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great post Laura! I always enjoy reading them as you are so clear and straight to the point! I can only congratulate you for such a great elevator pitch, as it is clear and includes the 4 elements of an elevator pitch. Moreover, your personal reflection is really inspiring! I am sure that the 30 goals challenge will collaborate with you! I have also chosen to collaborate with them as their quite amazing! I can't wait to hear more about your project! Keep doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely entrance Laura!
    I enjoyed reading it because you express the ideas very clearly and it's easy to understand what you mean.
    Apart from that, I have to say that the partner you've chosen is awesome because it offers many resources for innovating teachers, even if they are just at the beginning. I would also be happy to collaborate with them. I'm sure they'll accept you and you will create something extraordinary!
    Moreover, I cannot forget mentioning your elevator pitch which is very well structured, and organised as well as motivating. In fact, you have described all the parts briefly, so it seems that you have it very clear.
    I encourage you to keep working in that way and you will become a really nice teacher!

    ReplyDelete