Thursday 23 March 2017

My Open Educational Project

Hello everyone!!!
I´m glad to share with you another interesting post today. It is about an educuational project I have created. This the first approach to my project, but I want to post it with all of you in order to give you some ideas for your classroom.

How have I created this projected?
First of all, I thought about a subject in the school that I liked: Natural Science. Then, it was a little bit difficult to decide the topic because I love many of them, but finally I reached one: "People and the environment". I decided to relate my educational project to this topic since I think, our environment is a very important issue that we must concern, and students as future citizens must be aware of the serious problem of pollution that nowadays is presented in our lives.
Once I had my topic on mind, I filled a template with the most important aspects we must take into account when planning a CLIL lesson: level, sessions, aims, key concepts, skills we want our students to achieve, 4C´s of CLIL (Content, Communication, Cognition and Culture), teacher´s and students´ roles, resources we are going to use for the whole lesson and the assessment.
Finally, I recorded a video with my mobile phone and some drawings I created, in order to sum you up the whole educational project. After recording it, I edited it adding some music and transitions, with Wondershare Filmora.

What have I learnt?
This challenge has been very interesting for me, because I think it is an easy way to plan an educational project. The first step you have to take is to fill the template and then you can add more information and develop it completely.
As you may know, I like to innovate and introduce new challenges to my students and new resources. I think with this educational project that I´ve got in mind, students will learn discoverning and having a good time, as they will feel a little bit more "free" from the classic classroom. It will also help our students regarding the social aspect as they will have to interact with their groups and they will have to learn how to work with different people and not always with their friends or the people they want.
 Through this methodology children learn how to be more autonomous as well as taking responsibilities.


Here I embed my brief video and below you can see the whole information in the template.





Here you can see the whole template of the project:





I hope you put this into practice too and write comments about your experiences working on it!!

See you soon with another incredible post!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow Laura ! I really like your video presenting your open education project, it is an appealing way of explaining your template. Besides, you have gone deeper, by specifying what students will work on each day. I am also keen on students playing different roles when collaborating in groups. Moreover, I absolutely agree on the fact that students have to learn to work not only with their friends, but with any classmate.

    Good job :

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I want to say that your video is amazing, Laura!! Nice job!
    Moreover, I have also enjoyed all your educational project. I can see that you have worked on it very hard. Furthermore, I would add that your template is very complete. Your aims are realistic, the key competences are achievable and your students will learn a lot! Moreover, I consider that the number of sessions that you have decided for your prototype are perfect!
    I hope you enjoy my prototype too!

    Keep going and see you in class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura. I love you prototype because I find the main goal of the project so necessary nowadays. I am thinking about including your prototype in my blog since the topic suits! What do you think about disseminate your students' learning process by shooting videos in a Youtube channel? They can do it with a video of 2 minutes called "Our breaking news" and they can tell what they have learnt and some anecdotes of the day. Love your video, it can be better and better explained!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Carmen, regarding your question, it would be nice to include an activity like the one you said: recording videos for "our news". I will bear it in mind. Thank you for your feedback!

      Delete
  4. Before saying anything else I need to praise you for your great and original video! Besides explaining in a simple and organized way your project, the video is so creative! I really enjoyed watching it!
    Furthermore, the project is very realistic, you explained in detailed the 4 Cs and the aims of the project! Moreover, explaining what you would do with your children in each session was adequate, as it gave us a bigger picture of your educational project! I think your prototype is very motivating and it would be awesome to give it a go inside the real classroom! I can't wait to read more of your posts! ^^
    You did a really great job!

    ReplyDelete